Today is my very best friend in the whole world's birthday. I thought I would take this opportunity to let you all know a bit more about him!
1. His favorite movie is The Matrix
2. His favorite color is blue
3. His current favorite music artists are John Mayer, Jack Johnson, and Iron and Wine
4. His drink of choice is Diet Mountain Dew
5. He would be a stay at home dad if he had his choice because he LOVES being with his kids more than anything in the world. (the next few facts will reiterate this fact)
6. He is VERY helpful with the kiddies. I can't remember the last time I bathed my own children because he does it.
7. Every night he brushes the kid's teeth, reads them 2 stories, prays with them and tucks them in bed.
8. The first thing he does when he gets home from work every night is rush to the sink, wash his hands, and steal Finn from wherever he is. He loves that baby!
9. He has never missed a prenatal doctor visit through all three pregnancies.
10. When going over our finances he said that he would rather get rid of his cell phone than cut out Maggie's dance lessons.
11. He does the dishes and vacuums.
12. He grocery shops.
13. He cooks.
14. He supports all of my hair brained ideas wholeheartedly.
15. He is quick to apologize and compromise.
16. He respects me.
17. He listens to me.
18. He ALWAYS puts me first.
19. He loves Disneyland almost as much as me.
20. He hates it when people use the word "literally" when it is NOT literal. For example "I literally died of embarrassment".
21. He has an awesome laugh. It is one of my favorite sounds in the world.
22. He hates it when we are driving and I am on the phone getting directions and I hand him the phone to get the directions instead because I am horrible at conveying directions. This has got to be one of his biggest pet peeves.
23. He has a mild case road rage which is actually funnier than it is anything else.
24. He is a HORRIBLE morning person.
25. He is not a fan of games. Party pooper.
26. When he likes what he is eating he INSISTS I take a bite and gets mortally offended if I decline. He does it with the kids too.
27. He can fall sound asleep sitting in any position in any place at any time.
28. He's ridiculously smart.
29. He's a very good debater. This makes disagreements super fun at my house.
30. He is the best kisser I have ever had the privilege of kissing.
So there you have it. A little insight into my best friend and why it is that I love him so terribly much.
Happy Birthday Rob! You are my partner, my confidant, and my relief at the end of the day. I would be lost without you! Literally ;)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
-He's a great little eater. At his two week visit my Doctor told us that a healthy amount of weight to gain for a two week old is 2 to 3 ounces...Finn had gained 13.
-He's VERY strong. I suspected as much when he kicked me harder and more often than my other two combined, but my suspicions were confirmed at his circumcision when two nurses and the doctor commented on his abnormally strong legs.
-Speaking of...he did NOT enjoy the circumcision. Consequently, neither did I.
-He has a husky, boyish voice that I adore.
-He smiles when I sing "It's a Small World"
-He poops infinitely more than he pees. And he explodes on my favorite outfit of his with the old school Mickey Mouse print on it every time WITHOUT FAIL within five minutes of me putting him in it. A fun little game for mommy.
-He spits up and laughs about it all the live long day. Another fun game.
-He loves to sit on the window sill and bask in the sun while listening to primary childrens music.
-He loves the car and his car seat (thanks heavens!!)
-His baby acne is disappearing (YAY) just in time for the cradle cap to kid in (BOO)
-He has made life surprisingly challenging, but I am completely and totally in love with him.