Friday, February 15, 2008

My deepest appologies to Mrs. Haws

Well here I sit eating my words. I vowed I would never make a blog because I found it too time consuming . I thought that facebook and myspace were completely adequate for my internet socializing needs. Well most of my friends who I wanted to keep in contact with have deserted those ridiculous sights. And for good reason!! They have become completely tainted and cluttered with:
1. Photos of women who have their perky slutty butts perched high in the air.
2. Silly applications where you can "super poke" one another and tell each other that you are "crushing" on each other's friends.
3. A plethora of mindless quizes. "Which Warner Brothers character are you most likely to date? Take this quiz to find out!"
4. Bulletins. People posting bulletins that say nothing more than "Good night!" or something equally as time waisting.

I ask you this; are we in junior high? What started out as a wonderful way to keep in touch with old friends has now been completely overrun with teenage tom foolery. Now, in stating my opinions, I really hope I haven't stepped on any toes. I have "super poked" my friends, I have taken the quizes. I am not above it, I am just over it. I will continue to check my facebook and myspace. There are still some amazing people on those sights that I will keep in contact with, but I must take the next step and move on. This is where my blog begins!

And now my apology: I must apologize to Jayna. Jayna invited me to join the blogging world months ago and I mocked her and gave her a severe tongue lashing. I told her that I would never be able to spend the time it takes to check other people's blogs or tend to my own. I told her that myspace and facebook were sufficient for my needs and that I would likely never get a blog. I am completely willing to say at this time, Jayna, you were right and I am wrong. I am a trife, and you are a sweet pumpkin on stilts.

Well there you have it. My first entry. I promise to post lots of pictures. We just returned from Disneyland and there are hundreds of adorable moments captured on film that need to be seen by all of you.

Peace in the middle east.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so happy you have joined in the fun. I love your writings and I can't wait for more. It was lovely seeing you. Love you!

jayna said...

I must insist that you drive and visit me sooner rather than later. Tyler isn't as skilled at belly-holding as you are. And I demand it, now that I've had a taste. loves.

Diana & CJ said...

I know what you mean with the whole blog thing, at first I thought it was wack but quickly learned that it's actully pretty fun to post & read about others people's lives. You already are getting the hang of it. Well, it was so good to see you this weekend & I'm glad we have now another fun story to share & laugh about later about the Ice burg drive-thru. Everything is always so much more fun when we're all together. Love you!!

The Cannons said...

It's about bloody time!!