Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I think I win!!



A few of you have been complaining about having bad Easter pictures that didn't quite turn out. Well, I am here to tell you that mine are the worst and I SHOULD WIN! Never mind that I went to tremendous efforts (as we all do) to make my children look adorable on this very momentous occasion. In my life, when it matters most, it is destined to fail. This is my lot, I have accepted it. If you will please notice the following when looking at the pictures you will see why I should take the cake this year for horrid Easter Sunday pictures:



#1. Blurry. Blurry is the worst. I should win on blurry alone.
#2 Not one picture where both children are smiling at the camera
#3. Crabby Maggie
#4. Chocolate stain on Maggie's dress from receiving CHOCOLATE in primary!!
#5. No mommy. I literally look like a shiny whale in every shot and I refuse to subject you to such things.









































So there you have it. Easter with the McDowells. It was actually a really fun week. Lots of hunting for Easter eggs, 2 hunts to be exact. The first one was kind of sad. All the big primary kids snatched up the eggs before Henry could really grasp what was going on. He only found 2 eggs total. Our solution was to take the 2 eggs out of his basket while he wasn't looking and re-hide them. It was tricky business! I swear the older kids could smell the freshly hidden eggs and would come running to snatch up poor Henry's pathetic 2 eggs. Rob and I would have to ward them off by hissing and stomping our feet which worked quite well. Henry was very pleased and proud of his findings. Maggie, as you can see from the last picture, has had a kind of glazed look in her eyes from all the candy this week. I think we have turned her into a junky. I keep catching her looking in odd places for candy, trying to find her next fix. One morning I came down to find her standing on the counter looking in the tupper wear cabinet with a wild look in her eyes. Luckily most of the candy is gone at this point. Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and that you cast your vote for me, Lilly McDowell for "Worst Easter Pictures 2008"!

9 comments:

jayna said...

Are you seriously comparing your pictures to mine? I grant you, yours are blurry and/or do not do your kids justice, sure, but c'mon...there's not one demon-like pose in any of them!

It's so sad to see baby junkies...good luck bringin' her down...

Susan said...

i was never good at arguing with you, so...you win. (not, your kids are too cute to have any picture look bad.)

Carrie Hellewell said...

Um. When did Henry get so old?! He's a mad man! I'm pleased to see that you FINALLY gave us something more to read. Get on it! Also, the pictures are not that bad. I've yet to even take Roxie's. I'm all about staging it later, when she's in a good mood. Give it a shot, they'll never know the difference.

Diana & CJ said...

What are you talking about your pictures aren't so bad. Maybe a little blurry but still really cute, especially the bottom ones. Henry is so cut e& looks like such a little man in his tiny suit. And Maggy is a doll, I can't tell you enough how adorable she is.

jayna said...

Confucius Say:
I think you'd win more often...if you updated blog more often....


IN BED!

Jennifer said...

I always check to see if you've updated again, but you haven't...(sigh)...so I decided I would comment on this one since I haven't yet. You know you can always count on me to be honest. With that said, YOU DO WIN! The first picture alone takes the cake. The other ones aren't really that bad, but, man, that first one...yeah...you win!

Jennifer said...

Your kids are still ADORABLE, bad pictures can't change that.

Jennifer said...

(This is my last comment, I swear!) I think it's justice for having the best pictures ever in your other pictures, you know all the ones on the side and on your myspace. So there, deal with it!

Susan said...

Lilly, when are you going to post again!! I am dying here!