Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where's the dang pause button?!

My baby girl is five! What is all that about?! It seriously feels like I just brought my tiny pink bundle home from the hospital yesterday! I don't know how I feel about all of this :(

That was then



















And this is now















She's a pretty little thing, but I'm not a fan of all the growing up business.



So she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake party (again) and it went swimmingly!...for the most part. Good old uncle BJ managed to single handedly eat all of the Mike and Ike Fruity Chew cupcake decorations that the children were supposed to adorn their cupcakes with. It was like it happened in one breath! One minute my little candy dish was full of colorful delicious sweets and the next minute they were GONE! Vanished before all of the guests had even arrived! But what good are uncles if not to cause a little trouble? And then Maggie's hair caught on FIRE while she was blowing out her candles. That was fun. She didn't even notice the hair flames because of the fierce intensity and concentration that is involved when blowing out candles on your fifth birthday. I panicked for a brief moment as I watched my only daughter's long gorgeous locks of shinny brown hair burst into stinky little flames. I blew a gust of frantic air at the fire and it went out immediately. Maggie was slightly annoyed as she thought I was trying to help her blow out her candles. Clearly a five year old needs no help blowing out their birthday candles! However I would think anyone can appreciate a little assistance when their HAIR IS ON FIRE! But you know, whatever.

Happy Birthday Mags! We love you, stinky singed hair and all!

Enjoy some shots from the party. Please note Henry as he was having one of his "bad days". Jealousy claims another victim. I have also included a shot of the sexy twins as they seduce the camera. I thought you might like that. ;)








7 comments:

jayna said...

A Nielsen birthday extravaganza NEVER disappoints, my friend! I'm over here telling my kid to roast her hot dog on a stick when she turned four, and you have tissue paper roses.

I guess even though your nut-brown Maggie girl could belong to me, she would much prefer her own excellent partying mother.

I remember your baby girl...when she was a baby. A real baby. With butterfly eyes and a mohawk.

Hit Pause. FOR REALS.

Megan said...

I love her. I don't know her, but I love her because she's yours. The party looks gorgeous! And Happy Birthday Maggie!!

Unknown said...

Where are the "sexy twins"? I was hoping for boobies.

Carrie Hellewell said...

Loved the party and all the fun. I can't believe she's 5 already. Sigh.

Natalie said...

INCREDIBLE as always Lilly. I want to go to one of your kid's birthday parties!

Beth said...

I swear, you throw such cute parties. And how adorable was Maggie as a little baby! But I have to say that Henry is the best, what cute picture of him just sulking on the couch- makes me smile :)

Diana said...

Love the party decor & the cupcakes. You can never go wrong with cupcakes.
Happy Birthday Maggy!

Looks like Roxie made it to the party too. What a great day it turned out to be.