Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!

Lately Maggie has been big into the princess scene. Rob bought her a Cinderella dress and she insists on wearing it every day. I can hear her and Henry playing in the other room while she is wearing it, "We're going to be late for the ball Henry! Dance with me Hen Hen! Turn! Now twirl! Dip me Henry, dip! DIP!!" Henry puts up pretty well with the whole thing. I think he actually enjoys it since he insists on wearing a tiara and Maggie's Sunday shoes when they "go to the ball". This is when I decided that Maggie needed to have a royal ball for her Birthday. It went off without a hitch! I laughed hysterically for most of the evening along with all the other mothers. I was shocked when all the children actually danced with each other for the "ball" portion of the party. It was quite honestly one of the cutest things I have ever witnessed. Maggie had the time of her life. She talks about it every 10 minutes. I can't believe my little Maggie is already 4! Happy Birthday Mags!!

I made this little video of the event. Prepare to chuckle. Special thanks to McKenzie Deakins - my lovely photographer friend who took these beautiful images of Maggie in her dress. And also to Charlotte for filming the whole event as I had my hands totally full!

10 comments:

jayna said...

That is possibly the most precious thing I have ever SEEN! How you got all those "princes" to cooperate with the dancing, I will never know. You get full on Martha Stewart party-thrower of the year award from moi!

Susan said...

So cute! It looks like they had a lot of fun. can't believe she is 4already.

BTW Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Luv ya!

Jennifer said...

Ridiculous! That is seriously too freaking cute! I am completely and utterly amazed at those princes. My boys would have been going crazy. What an amazing memory you created for her. You are truly a magical mom!

Jordan and Katie said...

that video DEFINTELY is the most precious thing I've seen. The dancing, kissing, dreamy looks, was all so amazing. Those pictures are sooo darling, Maggie is just so adorable. Congrats on finding out baby BOY is coming.

Hyo said...

Happy Birthday Maggie - may how you've grown up!!

Diana & CJ said...

Soo funny!!! Love the video. I always thought she was such a little princess. You do have good skills. Thanks for your help tue. I'll email you soon w/ photos

McKenzie Deakins said...

I love it! I wish I could have been there... :( Maggie was such a pretty princess at the shoot. She's a regular model! You're the best Lilbo.

Susan said...

Okay, so this doesn't have to do with Maggie's b-day, but I just saw you comment on my blog. Sorry to make you jealous, but we did have LOTS of fun! I can't believe your costumes are the same, weird! Oh, and the ex, well you know that weird man I was once married to? Yeah, him. Luv your guts!!!

Diana & CJ said...

Hey,
I sent you like a zillion emails. So ck your junk folder. Thanks again Lills! Also I need your address again to sent you a check for the rest asap.

Riley Family said...

Hi Lilly! It's Jen, your B2 replacement. :) Hey I was checking out your blog from Di's site. I love these pictures! She is a little Cinderella! And it fits having you for a mom!!! Congrats on your pregnancy. Glad you are all so happy!! Take care. Jen