Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Few Words...

Words I hate or think are really ugly:
1. Vagabond (can't even bring myself to say it out loud)
2. Levy
3. Shalom
4. Beefy
5. Fiance
6. Scabby
7. Ma-lady, ma-lord or "ma" anything
8. Pianist (too close to the other hideously ugly word for my liking. You know the one. Speaking of, that brings me to number nine...)
9. Scrotum
10. Rot (ew, put nine and ten together and they become fifty times worse)





Words that I think are funny:
1. Bounty
2. Bamboozled
3. Bejeweled (really "be" anything. Bedazzled, befuddled, etc)
3. Hazzah!
4. Stallion
5. Gaggle (as in of geese)
6. Rascal (ESPECIALLY when referring to the motorized wheelchair. And on that note, I present to you number seven)
7. Hoveround
8. Hubbub
9. Shindig
10. Rumpled





Words I like:
1. Peppered
2. Fabulous
3. Pink
4. Aroma
5. Blossom
6. Dapple Grey (two words, I know get off my back)
7. Willow
8. Simple
9. Papaya
10. Birthday

And that's what I think. Agree? Disagree? Are any of my words your words too? Let's have a listen to your thoughts. What are some of your words? Come on. I'm dying to hear all about it.

p.s. Sorry about the scrotum rot. I hope I didn't make anyone nauseous.

11 comments:

Susan said...

My dear, your blog brings tears of laughter to my eyes at 4:30 in the morning. My sides hurt from laughing....sigh. Ma-lady and pianist, totally understand.

Susan said...

One word...nubbin

Natalie said...

Thanks for the laugh. I love you words. I can't think of any words I hate but I am annoyed by the word "cherish". I'm sure I could think of others, but it's too early.

jayna said...

I love the word cherish! (is this a fundamental difference between Nat and I?)

I hate: carcass, secretion, bouffant, and superfluous.

And well do I remember 'vagabond'...sing it Elton..."KINGS AND VAGABONDS...believe the very best!"
p.s. will you come visit me already? i need decorational assistance. and to laugh until unseemingly late.

:: ashley :: said...

only lily! i love these lists, and p.s. we have WAY too much in common... after reading your side bar 'about me" thing.. minivan remorse, office is ok, friends is better, pets as kids are creepy, love being tall, etc etc, the list goes on. love it!

St. Julien's said...

sorry I befuddled you with that post:) We are just testing the waters. I didn't bring it up because I forgot and I forgot because I really don't think we can sell it for what we are asking, and we have to sell it for what we are asking. How about the word, doula. Bla, I hate it! It sounds like a nasty body part, ouch my doula is hurting.

St. Julien's said...

p.s. Soooo glad to see your face last night, told you it'd be fun.

Carrie Hellewell said...

One word: BOUTONNIERE!!!

Craig Nuttall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Nuttall said...

Yes, you know I hate the word FRANKFURTER!

Tottie said...

ha ha! hey Lils just stumbled onto your blog from Cha's. I have a list of words I hate too: moist, ointment, slacks, gray-water, clamy, infection, jugular, rash, suture, apron, meaty, leakage, discharge, modular, areola . . .i know there's more, basically anything that makes me think about old people.