Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sniffle Sniffle...


My baby is off to Joy School! Has it come to this so soon? Already? REALLY??

We can't afford preschool AND dance so I roped a bunch of moms in the ward into doing a joy school with me. I'll let you know how THAT goes.

As I was getting Maggie ready for her first day of school I told her she needed to be obedient and obey what the teacher tells her to do. She nonchalantly agreed to do so. I asked her what it meant to obey and she said the following:

"Okay so obey is like when you have a dog and you got to be really nice to him and give him treats and then you ASK your mom if you can put makeup on him and she says 'okay' so you put some make up on the dog and maybe a dress and Mommy can we get a dog?"

I guess I need to work on basic principals with my children. I'm nervous to hear what she would say if I asked her to define honesty.

Maggie and cousin Mila off to joy school





















Unenthusiastic thumbs up






















The backpack






















The whole class on their first day. Wish us "teachers" good luck!


















I couldn't resist posting pictures of the second day of school too.






















Sassy, obedient girl
























My favorite part about the fall. Knee highs and Mary Janes.















Luckily for all of dog-kind I am allergic. I would hate to expose any living creature to all the "obedience" they would experience here at the McDowell home...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I join in your sniffles. I love seeing the grandkids grow but it also makes me sad. My beautiful Maggie is growing too fast!

jayna said...

Oh sweet Maggie!!! She is still as cute as a button, even though she is growing up too fast as well. But if she MUST attend school, at least she does so in a fashionable way.

p.s. I have child-hair envy. Maggie's locks are gorgeous! How my kids missed out on our hair genes, I will never know!

my favorite color is green said...

She looks adorable on her first and second days of school! Good luck to you too, teacher! -tye

Natalie said...

Those pictures are darling. I sent my first to kindergarten last week too. I'm going to second the child hair envy comment. Maggie has beautiful hair.

Diana said...

I love her knee high cherry socks too. She is so cute. You always have her dressed in the cutest stuff. And her hair is great. Never cut it. She's such a little princess, I've always thought so.

Katie and Travis Melser said...

How fun, there is talk of a Joy School in my ward too, but all of us are having babies. Hopefully it will work out, they wanted to start this month. . . Maggie is so dang cute.

Carrie Hellewell said...

Too bad nobody realizes that Maggie's hair is actually a wig. Hmmm. I did the neighborhood school thing too and LOVED it. I want to start it again.

Beth said...

My sister-in-law did Joy school, she said it was a lot of work but sooo worth it! Good Luck :)