Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Very Merry Unbirthday Indeed...

...or BIRTHDAY as the case may be.




We recently received this invitation
















So we decked ourselves and the children in the "maddest" and most splendid attire we could find




























Soon we found ourselves here
















Where we found Alice



















A few of them actually





















But this one was the birthday girl















The Mad Hatter made a maniacal appearance






















And Grey Grey too















































There was even a live birthday candle
























And a Mexican man who wandered over to our gathering. My friend Liz said that when complimented on his fine mustache, the Mexican man replied: "They're not mustaches, they're caterpillars. I pulled them off a man's butt." Who would have thought?
























And this lion kept vomiting pink liquid into our tea cups.



















It was all very curious















Curiouser and curiouser



















































































Later the children gathered momerats





















Then we sang "A Very Merry Unbirthday" to Alice




















Then the littlest and the maddest of them all past out cold from all the excitement



















"After this I should think nothing of falling downstairs!"


Happy Birthday Alice!





7 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, that looks AMAZING! You have such a creative family. (And the cake, are you kidding me? It' fancier than a wedding cake!) Plus your story in pictures was so fun.

jayna said...

That is the most splendid birthday celebration I have ever seen! I am seriously in shock- it was fabulous!

Karolyn said...

WOW!!! I am simply amazed. Your family is SO beautiful. I love, love, love it!!

Diana said...

What a cute little Alice! No really, she looks just like her...its blowing my mind. Also that cake is blowing my mind. Whoa, you guys don't mess around with party's. I should pay you to have Nessa's in March. Very cool. I was impressed.

Megan said...

oh my word! What an adorable party with such adorable people! Bravo!

Carrie Hellewell said...

Very clever indeed. Happy Birthday to Alice! Funny, because Roxie is going to be Alice for halloween. I must ask some questions about her costume.

St. Julien's said...

Scarlet doesn't know Alice exists, maybe she should be introduced:) CUTE CUTE party!!!