Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All With the Magic of a Ball Point Pen

Every so often my husband and I will invite some friends over for a game night to break up the daily grind. The other night we were playing a game where we had to write down cleaver and witty things that required a bit of "thinking time" between each round. I passed out a few of my daughter's coloring books to act as a hard surface for everyone to write on. My smart ass brother-in-law Joe got the Sesame Street coloring book and THIS is what HE decided to do with HIS "thinking time"...




















He looked so deep in thought and serious over in his little corner scratching away with his ball point pen. What a fun and unexpected surprise it was for Maggie to find the next time she went to color. What could be more ideal than strung out, drunken, slutty, transvestite muppets when a 5 year old opens her coloring book? Not much I tell you. I could pretend to be offended or shield my eyes at the sheer inappropriateness of it all. I could tell you I was mortified and shocked. But the truth of the matter is that it made my whole entire day. I was hysterical with laughter and actually had to brace my self to avoid falling over. Maggie doesn't get to color those pages. First, because that would probably be considered grounds for social services to pay us a visit. And second, because those pages are going STRAIGHT to my special box of letters and keepsakes that I keep to cheer me up. Oh my special box and the ill humored treasures that lie within it. Thanks for the contribution, Joe. I'll let you explain Candy and her tranie muppet friends to Maggie next time you visit.

12 comments:

my favorite color is green said...

Funny. I hope you get many laughs for years to come :)

Natalie said...

Okay, I laughed out loud for real. Joe is one funny guy.

Megan said...

The freakin' awesomest muppets I've ever seen. I mean, I'm kinda surprised Jim Henson didn't think of having a "Transvestite Christmas Special." I would have watched it.

Carrie Hellewell said...

Roxie would have opened the book and exclaim how beautiful they are. No matter how tranny it is, if it's wearing a bikini it's beautiful in her book. She's got problems.

I knew I loved Joe the minute I met him. This is why.

jayna said...

WHAT THE FREAKIN" HILARITY?!! Thanks for making my night too, Joe!

What's almost funnier is that I can totally picture you losin' it over this Lills!

charlotte said...

yes...a man of many talents to share, that we all enjoy so much. I love how the style on each swimming suit flatters the muppet it is on.

Diana said...

He's good. Those look like they came that way int the coloring book.

The Gibbs said...

lilly, i do not know why i have not visited your blog until this fantastic day, but i read the whole thing and laughed out loud. you, my friend, are a genius. you better believe i shall follow you, and be comforted in the fact that you express everything i feel as a mother in the most hilarious way.

Katie and Travis Melser said...

That is so freakin' hilarious. Nothing surprises me with your insanely creative family anymore. I am glad they are nice enough to let someone so boring as me hang out with them whenever we are crashing your house!

Jen Carter said...

HAHAHA! You said this made your day...well it made mine too. Knowing you and now reading your blog, it seems like there is never a dull moment in your house. Love it!

Becky said...

Joe can always make me laugh. You gotta love him - smart ass and all! Thanks for sharing. It toally made me laugh out loud, which is something I haven't really done for awhile =).

Diana said...

Where are you Lills? Is everything ok, do I need to give you a call? For Pete's sake get in touch with the rest of the world.